Wednesday 28 April 2010

You can't help who you fall in love with!



It really annoys me when people judge who other people are in a relationship with. I really believe that you can not help who you fall for; whether its different or same sex!

I am not homophobic in any sort of way and I really think that it is one of the most ridiculous things in the world!




I'd read a blog that one of my friends had made about a similar sort of topic, she'd commented on religion and sexuality stating that someone she knew had been told to 'pray to God to 're-wire' her brain to make her strait'. When i read this I thought it was completely cruel! :(
http://http://mrsbrightsideemilyyy.blogspot.com/

However it got me thinking about love and religion! So I thought that I would look in the bible for an example of what it says about love ...

Proverbs 10:12 'Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs'

'Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres' http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersverses/qt/versesaboutlove.htm

Here it speaks about how strong love is and how it is kind, if religion really believed that love was kind and that it does not delight in evil then why doesn't it want everyone to be in love? Why would it create rules and boundaries for who should be 'allowed' to love who?!

However this is not just referring to sexuality, this is also revolved around race, social status and wealth! And in all honesty I think to judge someones character on their wealth is full on pathetic it has nothing to do with what sort of person he or she is! One of my all time favourite films is 'Romeo and Juliet' (not just because it has Leo in it :) although i do love him!) But because of the romance and how much their in love! But seen as I'm commenting on the whole you can't help who you fall for this is a good time to mention the whole rift in their family thing! They aren't allowed to be together and it causes both of their deaths!!!

I'm really glad that I don't have the sort of family that would judge me for who I loved! Whatever gender, race, or religion I know my family wouldn't care as long as I was happy!
I hope as well that when I'm older I have the same views about love and relationships that I have now! Because I really do think that you shouldn't care what people think when it comes to love! You love who you love and that can not be helped!

(L)

No comments:

Post a Comment